Most of the homeowners don’t take care o their home roof and they think the roof on their house is for life and need no repair or maintenance which is in correct. Your roof gives your home protection from tough weather conditions and it’s natural that it would be vulnerable to some hard weather conditions like storms and rains that bring damage to your roof.if these damages are not repaired in time then they would make your family suffer in tough weather conditions and sometimes you will not be able to find a reliable roofer who can come to rescue in such emergency.
Following damages you should keep in mind for your home roof issues.
- Damaging the inventory and falling ceiling tiles: once the water starts leaking, it reaches a point where the walls, ceilings and floors to deteriorate to an extend that it ends up damaging the inventory, furniture and equipment. During this time the property owners should first look for the source of the leakage and repair the leak points.
- Slips and falls: water leakage can be of a great cause for a human to slip and fall leading to a serious injury. Therefore, it is important to take an immediate action and have the roofing experts carry out their work.
- Wet insulation: this a heavy consequence of leakage on the money, as it turns from insulator to conductor costing extra dollars to heat or cool the property. Wet insulation can be identified with the help of infrared inspection.
- Contamination: as a result of wet insulation there can be bacteria growth and insect infestation around the leakage area. Again, the source of the leakage and mold should be identified and this would only be successful once all the leakage points of the property are identified and repaired.
- Acceleration of the age of the roof: regular maintenance if the roof is the key to saving the cost that you might otherwise end up spending on re-installation of the roof. It is beneficial to make the most out of the service life of the roof through regular repairs and restorations. In order to do this, seek out information and management system of disciplined and regular maintenance of the roof from a roofing expert to increase the life expectancy of the roof.
Get Free Quote for Your Roof
Roof Repair Contractor in Canton,MI
Types of roofing material suitable for Michigan Weather Condition
It is important to know your available options before making the right choice. In an advanced technological era, there are now various types of roofing materials such as the following:
- Solar tiles: these are the best kinds of options for the sunny weather conditions. Advanced solar collectors easily fit into the existing shingles generating upto 1KW of energy per 100 square feet.
- Asphalt shingles: the most widely used and suitable for all kinds of weather conditions. There exist different types of quality among the asphalt shingles ASTM D3161, Class F (110 mph) or ASTM D7158, Class H (150 mph) wind tests and the AC438 durability test.
- Metal roofing: has the capacity to last for around 60 years, it is light weight and resistant to all kinds of environments. One of the drawbacks for the users might be that it becomes noisy during the rainstorms and hails.
- Stone coated steel: if you are living in an environment which is windy, wet and prone to wildfire this will be one of the most reasonable choice of material. It can resist heavy rainfalls and if maintained properly can last up to a lifetime.
- Slate: can be sensitive if you are to venture your roof as it can break easily. The property owners can rely on it for around 100 years if used as a roofing material. It is water resistant, does not burn and resists molds and fungus.
- Rubber slate: most of the Victorian houses use rubber slates as they can easily be cut into the desired shapes and give a natural look. Factors like hailstorms and walking on the roof however can damage this material else it is a life time of upto 100 years.
- Clay and concrete tiles: these are quite strong in terms of resisting tornadoes, hurricanes and even earthquakes according to “A Summary of Experimental Studies on Seismic Performance of Concrete and Clay Roofing Tiles” by the University of Southern California for the Tile Roofing Institute.
- Green roof: these kinds of roofs are covered with plants and improve the air quality, reduce water run off and insulate the houses. They require high amount of maintenance and support such as water proofing, drainage, soil, plants etc. they have short lifespan for up to 40 years.
- Built up roofing: these are heavy roofs and suitable for flat roofs consisting of layers of asphalt, tar. They easily dry up in summer weather and are hard to get rid of the snow. Also, the lifespan of these are about 20-25 years.
Get Free Quote from local Roofing experts in Canton Mi that can also help in your insurance claims.As they have the best knowledge and information than anyone. They will not only provide you with the above suggestions, they will also advice on the ways to maintain the roofing system.